Old 28-04-2015, 02:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default A bit damp here

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:25:41 +1200
"~misfit~" wrote:

snip
My biggest problem when there's lots and lots of rain is all of that water
leeching the goodness out of the containers I grow dwarf fruit trees in. I
try to get out between the worst of it and suck the water out of the
'saucers' and put it into a barrel. I use a 250ml 'syringe' that is branded
'Masport' was sold for removing oil from a lawnmower engine (and is no loger
available new) to do the job. However it's plunger isn't completely
water-tight (designed to work in oil) so would love ideas on what else I
could use - preferably 500ml or more per 'suck' but I'll consider anything.

Can you get/find anything like this in your Country?

http://www.harborfreight.com/multi-u...ump-66418.html

I've got a similar version (paid much, much more from a Marine
Supplier) that has worked good to suck the oil from the differentials
on my truck, along with the power steering pump.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b