Old 28-04-2015, 09:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default I need the best soil for tomatoes in pots

On 4/28/2015 12:37 AM, wrote:

cocoly granular water soluble fertilizer is batter used in tomato ,I used
it and the effect is good .I never see so big tomato. you can try it .

Use my recipe for do-it-yourself potting mix at
http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_potting_mix.html. For tomatoes,
use only a single handful of blood meal and increase the bone meal by a
handful. The blood meal is nitrogen, which promotes leaves at the
expense of flowers and fruit. The bone meal is phosphorus, which
promotes flowers and fruit. Do not forget the Epsom salts, which is
magnesium sulfate and which promotes additional shoots. Also include
some compost, which contains the soil bacteria that will make the
nutrients available to the tomato roots.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see