Old 30-04-2015, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Wasps

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:32:05 +0100, Corporal Jones
wrote:

It is about 1" diameter at the moment and although I have nothing
against wasps it will be a bit disturbing having a nest above your head
whilst working.
It would be fascinating to see it being built but I need to knock it on
the head before it gets to big, which would be the best way?

Vacuum cleaner with an extension hose, you can make further extension
from a long length pvc plumbing pipe taped to the vacuum cleaner one
with electrical/gaffer tape if you want to stand back a bit.
If the vacuum cleaner is of the Henry/ Vax shape a drop of washing up
liquid and water in the container will cause lots of bubbles that
will prevent them from flying out when you empty it.

G.Harman