Old 30-04-2015, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hand Pump

"Michael Uplawski" wrote

alan_m wrote:

Google for
"chemicals hand pump uk"

For pumping chemicals the pump is likely to be a better construction.

Thank you all for the responses, so far.

From the beginnig, I should have mentioned that I want to install the
pump permanently on our well. A hand pump (or just any kid of pump)
means an improvement over the bucket and winch that I am using right
now, but having learned to reduce our energy consumption drastically, I
do not feel like sacrificing first a considerable sum of money for a
motor pump, secondly a lot of petrol each time that I need to water my
plants.

I just have to fill up a big barrel from time to time.

sympathizing with the dark side, for me. ;-)

I had a contact with Unimpump today. They have some rotary pumps on
stock and I consider acquiring one of those, preferably via a local
vendor who should be interested, too.

Have you thought of a Solar Powered Pump? Not sure what head they will draw
up but I know one gardener on our allotment site uses one to draw water from
the river that runs alongside which is at least 6ft down.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.