Old 02-05-2015, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default Hand Pump

Good morning

On 1 May 2015 11:23:35 GMT,
Emery Davis wrote:
[]
Radon is interesting, as you might know, for the local alternative- and
eco-scene and to find an artisan there is probably good news.

Yes indeed, eco-scene is a good word. I wonder in passing if you know
Olivier Dadure? He's very involved in the "alternative economy"
gardening scene, his association is "le petit jardin des écoliers", site
at http://lepetitjardin22.canalblog.com/. There's a "troc" this coming
Sunday at la Ferté-Frensnel, I see.

Very nice. I need to collect all those references. Apart from the few
regulars that you meet on all the eco-festivals and bio-markets, most
people have the impression that our region is basically “empty” (bereft
of about “all”). And trying to arrange an identity for myself in two
parallel universes at the same time, I am one of them, half of the day.
Finding *new* stuff here and there, helps. ;-)

By the way, today, we are at Loré for the « appel du bois Normand ».

Okay, on the site there is, in deed, little sign of pumps but I will
call him up. I need to do that with « Normandie Pompes », too (Lonlay
l'Abbey), and be it to have their opinion on the rotary pumps from
England.

Remember this guy is an old-time brocanteur though, so hold on to your
wallet!

Okay, thanks.

Glad the plants are going. Did you get them in the ground? I planted
the remaining Purdom's poplars I had rooted, as well as the beginnings
for a Japanese maple hedge (10 upright with good fall colours to start),
all seem to be alive... If you want any replacement maples for what
died, just let me know.

I would rather wait for fall to finally plant the maples. We have lost
brushes in the inner hedge that we plant as a second rampart against
the chemicals from the fields, and the placement for the maples needs
some startegical planning. I will choose one of the new gaps when I am
sure that the other plants are well installed and protected
against the hare (jack rabbit) which has found our terrain. I had to add
fencing around the young fruit trees and treat some nibbled barks. Trees
of the current size of the maples have completely disappeared.
I haven't seen any deers, yet, nor « chevreuilles ».

Have a nice week-end,

MIchael

cheers,

-E

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]