Old 03-05-2015, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default Lynx reintroduction

On 03/05/2015 12:43, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 3 May 2015 13:28:16 +0200, Michael Uplawski
wrote:

On Sun, 03 May 2015 11:47:00 +0100,
Tim Watts wrote:

There is a simple solution to protecting yourself: don't be an
arsehole.

And if you get unlucky - let it attack you? No thanks.

There is a simple European truth to learn: You wern't and we aren't.
This „if the wolves attack your cows” thing and the „thanks to guns
there is less trouble“ thing isn't applicable in a hypothetic
environment.

Wild boar definitely attack people without provocation. I've seen it happen
quite close to Toulouse.

I rather think they don't. Where boar are hunted they are likely to
associate the bipedal animal in its territory as a threat based on
past experience. It is probably that the people unthinkingly provoke
the animal by cornering it or getting between it and its young.
--
Phil Cook