Old 03-05-2015, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lynx reintroduction

On 03/05/15 19:41, wrote:
On Sun, 03 May 2015 17:04:34 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

I regularly walk around cows and I know what they are like (and yes,
they can sometimes freak and charge, moreso beef cattle than dairy stock).

Bulls tend to be the other way around.

And a lot of people not from an agricultural background do not realise
a farmer can have certain breeds of Bull in a field with a public
right of way across it if the Bull is accompanied by Cows.
The Breeds that are prohibited and listed here
https://www.gov.uk/public-rights-of-...sponsibilities
are all dairy breeds. Those small sweet looking Jerseys and Guernseys
can be the most ferocious of them all.

I suppose the dairy bull does not get handled twice a day like the cows
(unless the milkmaid is not looking too hard!). I've heard it said dairy
cows are less freaked by humans due to the constant handling.