Old 04-05-2015, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default Harvest

On Sun, 03 May 2015 18:20:31 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

i am finishing up the last jars of freezer
jam from last year and making room in the
freezer for more (hope!).

songbird

All the years I've been preserving our own food I've never made freezer
jam. I guess it's just so easy for me to make canned jellies and jams
and a lot at one time. In addition both freezers stay full of prepared
meals, meats, and frozen veggies.

Freezer jam is ideal for use with sweeteners such as Splenda, which
comes in handy for a diabetic. And it is great for strawberries, too.
Never found another fruit that is it better for, however.

Boron