Old 04-05-2015, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lynx reintroduction

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:

I presume by your comment you disagree with the reintroduction of the Great
Bustard, and the Beaver etc.

Not particularly. I'm neutral about it. But they are benign compared
to the lynx.

You seem to be confusing the Eurasian lynx with a sabretoothed tiger.

You've completely lost me there. The lynx is carnivorous. The beaver
is herbivorous, the bustard's diet is green plant material and insects
in more or less equal amounts. So they're more benign than the lynx.
What's the sabre-toothed tiger got to do with it?

Read King Solomon's Ring by Konrad Lorenz. If you do so, you will
see why benign and carnivorous are not even remotely antonyms.
But I suspect that you are dearly attached to your prejudices.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.