Old 04-05-2015, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Moises Gallardo Moises Gallardo is offline

Default Source needed for Arizona grape vines (Vitis arizonica)

replying to Olin, Moises Gallardo wrote:
joeejk wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
==========================
Hey Greg,
Canyon Grape, Vitis arizonica, is a wild grape that grows in canyons and
riparian areas in our AZ mid elevation deserts around the Verde valley.

You
might try a nursery in Cottonwood or Clarkdale or maybe Sedona. Or try
Watters nursery in Prescott. But I suspect you may have hike the canyons

in
April or May when it's green and blooming - see photo at
http://www.fireflyforest.com/flowers...s/plant22.html
Olin

Hi there,
I have several Vitis Arizonica plants in my backyard.
They grow wild and need heavy prunning to keep them under control.
I wish I could ship some plants or cuttings to you but the stringent
Agricultural regulations of Arizona won't allow me to do so.
However I can share some seeds from last year (2014)should you still be
interested.

Let me know if I could be of any assitance in your project.

Moises Gallardo

http://www.homeownershub.com/img/4g

http://www.homeownershub.com/img/4h