Old 04-05-2015, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lynx reintroduction

My evidence: "Britain: It was thought that the lynx had died out in
Britain either about 10,000 years ago, after the ice had retreated, or
about 4,000 years ago, during a cooler and wetter climate change.
However, carbon dating of lynx skulls taken from the National Museums
of Scotland and the Craven caves in North Yorkshire show they lived in
Britain between 80 and 425 AD". From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_lynx

There have been other reported occurrences of Lynx in the UK in the
last century or so, but they were all considered to have escaped from
captivity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_big_cats

I'm not saying you're wrong, but your evidence is....?

" Lynx in Britain were wiped out in the 17th century"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx

Steve

Good job too. We don't want wolves back either.