Old 05-05-2015, 05:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default A bit damp here

David Hare-Scott wrote:

It was much worse in some places, up to 400mm (16in) fell. And some old
towns are built on the floof plain. Whole houses went down the street
and people died in a town 40km away. Hundreds of homes were damaged and
many thousands are without power due to falling trees nearby (some
people never learn) and roofs being ripped off by wind.

At the camping ground enough water went through to have people swimming
for their lives and at risk of being taken, apparently they all
survived. One building was moved from one side of the rodeo area to the
other.

It isn't over yet on the weather radar I have two storms converging on
me, never seen that before. The cabbages are on hold.

I've been hearing about the weather up your way whilst we were in NZ
(from whence we've just returned). Sounds pretty grim. Hope all
remains at just a nuisance level for you.