Old 05-05-2015, 06:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default A bit damp here

Leon Fisk wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote:

snip
I have chronic back pain and can't
bend forward for long (and there's not always room to crouch near a potted
tree).

Well, I understand. Some other ideas for you...

Aquarium pump.

often these must be submerged to work very well,
but they can be very inexpensive. i have one that
i've used here for years to drain the pond and some
other low head sump pumping from holes we've done
for footings. i think it cost me all of $7 at
the pet store. take it apart once in a while to
clean and inspect it, but otherwise it's done fine.
magnetic impeller.

songbird