Old 08-05-2015, 08:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default if this doesn't make you want to grow your own...

On 8/05/2015 12:28 PM, songbird wrote:
Fran Farmer wrote:

We've just had cases in Aus of problems with peanut butter from China. I
now have instructions from 'He Who Would Like to Be Obeyed' to only ever
buy Australian made peanut butter.

interesting! i thought you blokes only ate that
yeasty stuff and nutella?

The yeasty stuff is always popular but I prefer Promite over Vegemite.
I don't know anyone who buys Nutella but everyone I know would have
Peanut butter in their pantry.

I notice tht there are now ads appearing for other nut based spreads
they may find favour for a short time because of the ads but I doubt tht
peanut butter will ever be relaced.

[p.s. i'm still rather
upset that i can't have a bunya tree]

Why not? Isn't Araucaria bidwillii available in the US or is your
climate unsuitable for growing it

the USoA has had peanut butter problems at a few
companies, but so far our favorite brand seems to do
ok.

I've bought Skippy at Costco and it was OK but we've gone back to
Sanitarium brand. Always worth trying a new brand now and then to see
if it suits.