Old 09-05-2015, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default allowing air into seedlings under glass jars

On 09/05/2015 13:13, Derek wrote:
On Fri, 08 May 2015 12:25:48 +0100, john west
wrote:

We find placing upturned glass jam jars over small seedlings
How often and for how long roughly, should we just lift the jars away

why lift?
I grow fuchsia cuttings in sealed coffee jars, (got over 120 ) they
are sealed in sept/oct, cold but well insulated greenhouse, and are
not opened again till they have grown into healthy plants, April May

That is interesting. I suppose we are conditioned to think plants need
fresh air. I imagine the glass steams up so you can't see what's
happening inside?