Old 13-05-2015, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Walmart Asparagus

On 5/13/2015 9:03 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

We received almost three inches of rain overnight. I'm afraid to check
the zucchini patch, there may be a canoe hiding in there.

It won't be a canoe until you hollow it out ... I haven't got any zuke
seeds to germinate yet , but won't really miss them if we don't get any this
year . We still have bags of shredded in the freezer from 2013 ...

I can feel your pain, took out a package of chard from the freezer last
night and it is dated 2010. Tasted okay so no problem. Found packages of
frozen chard, kale, broccoli, and cauliflower from 2011 to 2014. Did
rearrange them so the eldest packages are on top now.

Just noticed the fridge badly needs cleaning up and I need to rearrange
the side by side freezer there too. A house husbands job is never done.
I don't do ironing though. G

The last nine years before I retired in 2007 I was the house husband and
worked from my home office and wife went off to teach school every day.
I did my work stuff from 0700 to about 1000 and then became the
housekeeper, gardener, lawn boy, and whatever else needed doing.
Generally getting done by 1300 and then nap a bit, do some tech writing,
then start prepping for dinner.

Nowadays things have reversed a good bit due to my walking problems,
wife mows, I cook, she cleans, we both do laundry, we both garden, she
walking, me on the garden scooter. It works well for us.

The dawg went for her reeval on her surgery today and has been released
to run free. She's napping in my office recovering from the trauma of
the vet's clinic, where she shook like a leaf for a half hour. Her
universe is back.