Old 14-05-2015, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Larry Stoter[_2_] Larry Stoter[_2_] is offline

Default Lynx reintroduction

Christina Websell wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Larry Stoter wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Interesting reintroduction planned for specific areas, it's worked
in some
other areas of Europe and we certainly need something to control the
Deer.

http://www.lynxuk.org/

Absolutely NOT.

Oh, definitely yes.

Prefered prey is deer of which there are far to many in the UK - because
there are no natural predators - causing all sorts of habitat
destruction.

Reintroduction of Lynx is already happening in large parts of Western
Europe and seems to be going fairly well.

Lynx would be a marvellous addition to many ecosystems.

Whatever you think, proposals for the reintroduction of Lynx are in the
pipeline, see:

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...wilding-britai
n-wildlife-countryside?CMP=share_btn_tw

Unfortunately, due to the hysteria of the ignorant, it is unlikely to be
in time to save many of the UK's woodland underplants and animals
(including birds and butterflies). I don't expect to live to see the
deer menace (and it IS an ecological menace) alleviated.

Nick Maclaren.

No deer menace in my part of the UK.

There are100,000s of deer across the UK - most people simply never see
them or are aware they are there. Apart from dropping, the failure of
woodlands to regenerate is a clear sign of lots of deer.

Larry