Old 14-05-2015, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Tradesmen advertising as gardeners

On 5/14/2015 6:51 AM, sacha wrote:

A properly trained gardener will be expensive by comparison and so they
should be, between £10.00 and £12.00 per hour. It's best to be very
precise about what you want done on each visit and not to issue vague
directions about 'tidying up' because one man's tidying up is another
man's massacre. And tell him not to pull anything out that's just coming
through, in case it's plant not weed and not to deadhead in autumn in
case you want seeds.

When I left home, my mother hired a 'gardener' - he was very good at
cultivating weeds, and pulling up my plants. And what he did to the
hedge at the front of the property took years to repair.