Old 14-05-2015, 01:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Tomatillo seed question

T wrote:

I just bought a packet of 30 Tomatillo seeds from
Baker Heirloom Seeds.

I am going to try planting them in little pots with
this wonderful organic potting soil I have. Then
transferring them to the garden after the fear of
freezing weather passes.

Question: how many seeds per pot? Three? Then
prune out the smaller ones?

how many plants do you have room for?

how many pots with soil do you have?

what is the germination rate on the package?

if you want a lot of plants and have the pots
use one seed per pot and those that don't germinate
will be empty pots that you can use for something
else. if you need only a few plants then put more
seeds per pot and snip off the weak ones after the
plants get going.

songbird