Old 15-05-2015, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Larry Stoter[_2_] Larry Stoter[_2_] is offline

Default Lynx reintroduction

Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

There not room for lynxes (or wolves) to be reintroduced here and I just
wish people would stop banging on about it.
Yes once upon a time we had them, in the 17th century. i have enough
nuisance with foxes without lynxes or wolves being reintroduced.

You are factually wrong as regard lynx. There is ample room; whether
there is for wolves is more debatable, but the answer is "yes, with
reservations." Also, your implications are nonsense. Even the
wildest of foxes are naturally scavengers, and do not avoid humans;
neither lynx nor wolves are, and both do. Furthermore, there are
plenty of places where lynx come into contact with human habitation,
and there is essentially no problem.

So far, I have never seen anyone argue rationally against lynx;
every single one has used purely emotional fury. I could provide
some (weak and dubious) rational arguments against, but opponents
don't seem capable of even that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

It is very interesting to see the completely different reaction on this
group to the reaction on uk.rec.natural-history.

Largely hysterical here, more 'yeah, so what" on uk.rec.natural-history.

Larry