Old 15-05-2015, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lynx reintroduction

In article ,
Larry Stoter wrote:

It is very interesting to see the completely different reaction on this
group to the reaction on uk.rec.natural-history.

Largely hysterical here, more 'yeah, so what" on uk.rec.natural-history.

Actually, it's about equally balanced here - it's just that the
hysterics are, er, more hysterical.

There is ample room for lynx anywhere there is a large muntjac or
roe population, or possibly even rabbit!, and Lincolnshire is very
definitely among those places. The smaller deer are a serious
ecological problem almost everywhere. They will have spread even
further by now, but were reaching densities of over 100 per square
kilometre, and there is almost no rural or woody suburban area
without large a large population of either roe or muntjac, which
is causing havoc to our woodland plants.

http://www.bds.org.uk/muntjac.html
http://www.bds.org.uk/deer_distribution.html
http://www.mammal.org.uk/muntjac
http://www.bto.org/volunteer-surveys...mal-monitoring

But I don't expect mere facts to have any effect on the hysterics.