Old 16-05-2015, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Auto watering of hanging baskets

In message , rbel
writes

We have some 16" baskets each containing 21 Bacopa Gulliver in JI
number 3. This year I would like to try auto watering them. I have a
handy water supply which can easily be automated to make life easier.
Grateful for any recommendations as to the most effective type of
nozzle to use - spray, mist, drip or into watering spikes.
--

Using a timer controlled system, 2-3 drippers in a basket would be fine
I guess. However, I never found a way to get enough water in them

I like the Tropf Blumat watering system. It has a ceramic cone shape
that pushes into the soil, this sense the dampness of the soil and lets
through water when necessary. it is relatively expensive per container,
but doesn't require a timer.

Available in the UK from Two Wests and Elliot

http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsLi...teringSystem.a
spx
--
Chris French