Old 17-05-2015, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_3_] Pam Moore[_3_] is offline

Default The Great Chelsea Garden Challenge

On Thu, 14 May 2015 21:18:34 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Well it's over and I must say it was a good set of programmes, with a
lot of hard work put in by those involved.
A worthy winner, though as with so many shows it was hard to split the
last 3.
I'm just glad they didn't have a prog. of that sort before I did
Chelsea, but that was back in 76, and I did my display in the great Marque.
In those days you had to have done at least 3 displays in the RHS Halls
and to have had at least a silver before you could apply for Chelsea. My
first was the RHS Great Autumn show and I got a silver gilt.Three weeks
before Chelsea I got a phone call, someone had dropped out so could I
possible do a display twice the size?
In my ignorance/innocence I said yes.The rest is another story, but my
big regret is I have no pictures of the display.
David @ a now rain free side of Swansea Bay

Is this "light under a bushel" David? Ihad no idea that you had
exhibited at Chelsea, even if it was in the dim and distant past! What
a shame you have no pictures. Wouold you do the same display again now
if asked to do it now?