Old 17-05-2015, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dumb strimmer question

On 16/05/15 19:55, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article ,
says...

Hi

I've ressurected an old Black & Decker GL330 bump-feed strimmer

Can't so far get the bump-feed to work ...

Q: what way should I be winding the strimmer line on to the spool -
clockwise or anti-clockwise?

The spool housing spins anti-clockwise

TIA

Not sure on that make/model but the ones I've had have an arrow
on the spool to show you which way to wind it.

HTH

I got a Qualcast double-line strimmer last year, and there was an arrow
on the spool. Trouble is, it was only on the top. It seems a bit
counter-intuitive to wind both lines the same way, but that is indeed
the correct way.

Oh, and don't waste your money on cheap replacement line; get decent stuff.

--

Jeff