Old 17-05-2015, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default End of "grandfather rights"

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 17/05/15 10:17, Charlie Pridham wrote:

I can confirm that my local branch of Cornwall Farmers has told me that
come the Autumn they will no longer be able to sell me stuff which has
been ok up to now. Not a real problem as son has the bit of paper. but
the other part of the change is going to be fun. retail outlets of above
a certain size will not be able to sell garden chemicals of any sort to
the public unless they have a trained member of staff to give advice on
said products. The course is to cost £10 and will be done on line. It
does not appear that the trained member of staff has to do the selling
or indeed have to be anywhere near the stuff just be present somewhere!

Can anyone name some of the affected chemicals/products?

Its every thing, slug bait, weed killers , fertilizers, pesticides,
fungicides, the lot

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs