Old 18-05-2015, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wilkes, Andy[_2_] Wilkes, Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Hose spray guns

On a similar line to the auto-watering.

What would people recommend for reliable, effective - and reasonably
long lasting hose spray guns?

Every year, the gun I bought the previous year disintegrates. sometimes
more than one in a season. I don't treat them particularly well - they
live in the (above 0 degrees) greenhouse during the winter.

Worst seem to have been the Hozelocks. The trigger mechanism always
falls to bits with broken parts. This year, when it happened, I
reverted to an old metal gun - but although the seals I can access are
fine, it is leaking from the trigger/pressure controls. And whilst it
has lots of spray formations that I have no need for, it has very little
control of pressure of water. At least with the hozelock there was a
bit of control depending on how gently you pressed the trigger.

I'm not spending £20 on another Hozelock - so suggestions would be
apreciated.

--
regards andy