Old 18-05-2015, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wilkes, Andy[_2_] Wilkes, Andy[_2_] is offline

Default End of "grandfather rights"

On 17/05/2015 20:43, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2015 20:10:23 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

You could always try the original paleonicotinoid by soaking some old
ciggies in water and spraying that. Or if they are too expensive, a few
seeds of Nicotiana tabacum should supply you with enough leaves to do
all your plants.

Just don't mention it to elf'n'safety...

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_4884401_ma...secticide.html

Interesting. I buy nicotine solution for ecigarettes. Not particularly
cheap but not too bad. The one I get comes in 72mg per ml (in a
propylene glycol or vegetable glycerine base). This isn't the strength
used in the final liquid - that is usually reduced to between 5 and 36
ml depending on choice/nicotine addiction by adding flavouring and more
pg/vg ).

Any idea what sort of concentrations should be in an imaginary spray?

Not of course that I'm going to do it - purely hypothetical.

--
regards andy