Old 18-05-2015, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default Hose spray guns

On a similar line to the auto-watering.

What would people recommend for reliable, effective - and reasonably long
lasting hose spray guns?

Every year, the gun I bought the previous year disintegrates. sometimes
more than one in a season. I don't treat them particularly well - they
live in the (above 0 degrees) greenhouse during the winter.

Worst seem to have been the Hozelocks. The trigger mechanism always falls
to bits with broken parts. This year, when it happened, I reverted to an
old metal gun - but although the seals I can access are fine, it is leaking
from the trigger/pressure controls. And whilst it has lots of spray
formations that I have no need for, it has very little control of pressure
of water. At least with the hozelock there was a bit of control depending
on how gently you pressed the trigger.

I'm not spending £20 on another Hozelock - so suggestions would be
apreciated.

I got fed up with the long watering wands breaking and made my own using the
handle from the latest leaky one and a few odds and sods from the shed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgui12d0wc...0wand.jpg?dl=0

Mike