Old 20-05-2015, 04:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default More deliciousnesses

On 5/20/2015 10:11 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
We just finished the first (of several , we hope) batch of strawberry jam
from our garden , and it's so good it'll make you slap your Mama .
The stinkin' rain here has things so wet that any berry that touches the
ground gets waterlogged and ruined if I let it ripen completely . There's a
learning curve on when to pick , hopefully I have it down now . We probably
lost a quart or two of berries because I waited for them to be dead ripe .

We're getting a lot of rain too, forecast for next two weeks just says,
"Rain, more rain, lots of rain." Having to pick low hanging cukes to
keep them off the ground and away from slugs, etc. The garden is rapidly
becoming a jungle and the !@#$% zucchini weigh three lbs quickly.
Luckily they don't have many seeds because they grow so fast.

No strawberries here but the figs are getting bigger every day. The dill
weed has already gone to seed as has the cilantro. Lots of coriander to
dry now.