Old 21-05-2015, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default More deliciousnesses

songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Here's a link to my current project . Gotta get it finished so I can
mow some areas to plant my bee-friendly seeds .
http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Sna...?sort=3&page=1

it's nice to have the space to work in! here i have very
limited space. i don't do any refinishing work any more like
i used to (most the furniture i own is recycled stuff from the
dumpsters where i used to rent).

we've already mowed here a few times. i'm assuming this is
a brush mower and not just a grass/lawn mower?

which plants you putting in?

songbird

Actually it's supposed to be a pretty good mower deck , maybe not up to
putting green standards , but plenty good enough for a lawn - I'll be using
it for brush at first , but inevitably the wife is going to want a "lawn".
I've got yellow clover , lavender , bee balm , penstemon , borage , alyssum
, oregano , marjoram , basil and cilantro . Some (the spices) will be over
in an herb patch next to the garden but the rest will be spread around in
the orchard and power line easements . They keep the trees and brush cut
back 30 feet on either side of the lines , both for easy access and to help
prevent damage .
Oh , and I forgot , some poppies too . But not "that" kind .
--
Snag