Old 26-05-2015, 06:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Something so satisfying

On 05/25/2015 08:25 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
T wrote:
On 05/25/2015 06:36 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
In eating something grown from your own land with your own hands
. The strawberry shortcake tonight was delicious , and the salads
lately have been phenomenal . This is the best year ever for lettuce
, and this year's was all grown from seed I saved from last year .
The tomatoes ... I can hardly wait to pick a nice sun ripened tomato
and bite into it straight from the plant . And they're blooming like
crazy . Life out in the woods is indeed sweet .

Hi Terry,

1+ Have trouble putting the stuff down.

I have a theory as to why folks don't eat their vegi's. It is
because they taste like crap. I love home grown and local grown.

-T

I have to agree with the taste theory . Commercial growers don't care
about taste , they care about shipping well and profit . I care about flavor
, but even more important I care about the fact that I don't use chemicals
to grow my fruits and veggies . The only things I use are some 13/13/13
fertilizer (sparingly) , a BT product and a fungicide when necessary .

Pick green and lay flat.

I wonder what heirloom spinach tastes like. It definitely
does not lay flat!

First local grown organic carrots I tried, I almost flipped.
Carrots actually taste good! I mean REALLY GOOD!