Old 26-05-2015, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Tomatoes - breaking my oath

In article
Hypatia Nachshon writes:

Anybody know if the ones with "black" in the name are really "black"?

I haven't grown your varieties. Black Plum is dark but not black.
Depending on the weather they are dark red or a bit toward purple.
The insides are a rich red.

My Black Plum just started to bloom a few days ago. The others
(Amish Paste and Opalka) have not. They look stressed, but are
growing. The weather was pretty hot when I first put them out.
I suspect that the roots have not expanded as much as I'd like.

We're looking at a week of thunder storms, which should be good.

Looking at some notes from earlier years, the Black Plum shoudl be
getting ripe just about the time we leave town for a week.

--
Drew Lawson | Though it's just a memory,