Old 28-05-2015, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lynx reintroduction

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

Disagree. Maybe not so much now, but tigers used to eat a lot of people in
India. I got books about it in the library when I was a child: I was
allowed adult books non-fiction when I was 12, and I can assure you that
man-eating tigers were common in India in the Raj period.

Well, I am a colonial, and such books were common with me. What were
NOT common were man-eating tigers, but the sensationalist press simply
LOVED stories about them! Some of the bias was due to the selection,
some of them were enhanced, and others were invented out of whole
cloth. Yes, they were much more common than man-eating lions, but
they were not common.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.