Old 28-05-2015, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Lynx reintroduction

In article ,
says...

"Janet" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...

No deer menace in my part of the UK.

Then you really don't understand the extent of the deer problem in
wilder areas than Lincolnshire.

Janet

I don't think reintroducing lynx is a good idea anywhere in the UK even in
Lincolnshire(I don't think Lincs have many deer either, but not sure as I
don't live there)
Try them on your island first for 5 years and let me know how it works.

As a matter of interest, there is rumoured to be a large cat living
wild on Arran; possibly a puma ( described as all black the size of a GS
and with a very long tail). It's been spotted a couple of times.
Nobody seems to mind it. Farmers lose more lambs to crows and buzzards.

Janet.