Old 30-05-2015, 01:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default birds on deck, and squirrel

Brooklyn1 writes:

On Fri, 29 May 2015 09:02:21 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

songbird writes:

Gus Overton wrote:
Hello,

Anyone have ideas on how to keep birds off a deck? I had the deck
recently stained and repaired and almost every day there are 2-3
bird poop on the top railings. Mourning doves seem to be the worst
about doing this... And the other day, I noticed one of the top top
posts was gnawed a bit. Which the squirrel has done in the past.
Anyone else have these problems, and what do you do? I wash off the
bird poop since that can't be good for the wood, and is unsightly.

monofilament line about one inch above the rail.

Now, that sounds like it would work.

Birds aren't nearly so stupid as you... do your really think birds

Stupid as me?

Brooklyn, you shouldn't be worrying about stupid.
You're just plain nasty.

I would take over stupid over nasty any day.

that can build intricate nests from itty bitty bits and collect bits
of fine fluff to line them won't notice the monofiliment, they'll
probably snip off bits with their beaks to use as thread for sewing
their nests... ain't you ever seen an oriole's digs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqojrYXcutE

The purpose of the mono-filament would be to get in the way of
the perfect perch that a railing provides. The birds can't
perch on it or the railing.

Too bad those disgusting freaks in Baltimore

You really are a disgusting piece of crap.

--
Dan Espen