Old 30-05-2015, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default birds on deck, and squirrel

On 5/29/2015 6:02 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
songbird writes:

Gus Overton wrote:
Hello,

Anyone have ideas on how to keep birds off a deck? I had the deck
recently stained and repaired and almost every day there are 2-3
bird poop on the top railings. Mourning doves seem to be the worst
about doing this... And the other day, I noticed one of the top top
posts was gnawed a bit. Which the squirrel has done in the past.
Anyone else have these problems, and what do you do? I wash off the
bird poop since that can't be good for the wood, and is unsightly.

monofilament line about one inch above the rail.

Now, that sounds like it would work.

The bird lime? Too cruel for me.

I was being somewhat facetious when I mention bird lime. It is
generally illegal.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see