Old 30-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Samba Samba is offline
Registered User

Location: Lancashire England

Quote:
Originally Posted by T[_4_] View Post
Hi All,

I just bought a packet of 30 Tomatillo seeds from
Baker Heirloom Seeds.

I am going to try planting them in little pots with
this wonderful organic potting soil I have. Then
transferring them to the garden after the fear of
freezing weather passes.

Question: how many seeds per pot? Three? Then
prune out the smaller ones?

Many thanks
-T
I am growing tomatillos for the first time. It says on my pack that two plants per household is plenty. I have obviously done more plants from seed in a seed tray initially, transferring to small pots, one per pot and they are doing ok on my windowsill in doors at the moment. I have 4 plants indoors and some more outdoors (transplanted far too many seedlings). It's trial and error for me. I'm going to keep my indoor ones in a while longer as I am in the north UK and its blooming cold and windy up here for some time now. My outdoor ones are suffering even though they are in a greenhouse.

Anyway, good luck with your toms.