Old 30-05-2015, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default picture sharing site

On Thu, 28 May 2015 09:51:33 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 28/05/15 08:43, Martin wrote:

Linux is free and works a hell of a lot better

In what way?

Updates takes minutes not 10's of minutes upwards (OK I am comparing to
Windows Server 2008 which I run a few instanced of at work).

Less hackery and malware;

Free (beer and speech);

Installation is quicker (Mint install takes about 10-15 minutes and is
ready with a load of applications from the get go;

Can boot a "live" version from a USB stick to try without installing;
(http://www.linuxmint.com/)

Current versions tend to run better on lower specc'd hardware compared
to current Windows versions;

GUI Desktop is just a component, so choose for heavy and pretty (eg KDE)
to medium and Windows 95 like (XFCE4) to absolutely insanely minimal (eg
Ratpoison)

I could go on

Yes - you missed off:

Difficult for the average domestic user to install and use.