Old 30-05-2015, 04:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default birds on deck, and squirrel

Gus Overton wrote:

Anyone have ideas on how to keep birds off a deck? I had the deck
recently stained and repaired and almost every day there are 2-3
bird poop on the top railings. Mourning doves seem to be the worst
about doing this... And the other day, I noticed one of the top top
posts was gnawed a bit. Which the squirrel has done in the past.
Anyone else have these problems, and what do you do? I wash off the
bird poop since that can't be good for the wood, and is unsightly.

Bird poop won't harm a wood deck, and easily washes away, rain/hose...
unsightly, don't look.