Old 06-06-2015, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Brown leaves on morning glories, help

"Bob F" writes:

ianbauer wrote:
hello, I have planted a beautiful flying saucer morning glory in a
container that you water from the bottom. The plant is growing like
mad and is beautiful. Today I noticed that some of the leaves are
wilting and turning brown. Can someone tell me why and what to do.
The container waters from the bottom and the soil is always wet. The
plant is sitting inside in my bay window. It gets the morning and
early afternoon sun.
Im bummed out because I fear the plant is dying.

Always wet soil sounds like a good indication of a problem for many plants.

Yep, for almost all plants, roots always wet, bad.
I've never seen morning glory in a swamp, so I don't have to web
search to know.

I used to keep an aquarium and grow plants underwater.
There _are_ plants that can take some amount of submersion,
but they are few and far between.

--
Dan Espen