Old 08-06-2015, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Mony's planted outdoor tomatoes

Watching last weeks Gardeners World I noticed Monty planted outdoor blight
resistant tomatoes including Losetto.

Now he planted these in the normal ground as I did the first time so it will
be interesting to see what happens. Whilst they say they are "bush" tomatoes
they actually grow like ground cover, only a foot tall but 4ft+ round and
thick with stems, so it becomes impossible to pick all the fruit later in
the season, you just cannot get to them. It's why I now only grow them in
hanging baskets where you don't get the huge crop but you can pick
everything.

I might add all the small tomatoes that I couldn't pick rotted and let their
seeds into the ground so the next year they came up like weeds and and those
I let grow seemed to come true too, despite being F1.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden