Old 14-06-2015, 04:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default What is this plant?

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 12:51:28 +1000, Fran Farmer
wrote:

On 12/06/2015 11:01 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 23:02:12 +0200, Scorpiogirl
wrote:

Or possible weed? It looks spiky but is not. Any ideas?

|Filename: image.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16272|

Almost looks like oak. What sort of stem/trunk does it have? How is it
branching?

Oak? As in an oak tree?

Yes. Mighty oaks from little nuts grow....

That plant is only about 2-3ft high from looking at the soil beside the
pant and it has a leaf like any oak I've ever seen.

Well, it had similarities to red oak to my weary eyes. Granted, not
everyone's photos give decent representation of size...or even of
shape, at times. And there are a lot of different oaks out there.

https://www.extension.iastate.edu/fo...ED2_leaves.jpg

We'll probably never hear another thing form the OP since the post came
from gardenbanter.

Doesn't bother me...still makes for good conversation here.

And you should take a look at the site sometime. It is an interesting
collection of topic-related Usenet groups all together. Really, it is
not an abomination.

The web is much more accessible to most folks than Usenet is. I am
comfy with a newsreader and subscribing to a newsfeed, but not
everyone is, or even knows they exist. Keep in mind that Usenet is not
easily handled on small tablets and smart phones and those are the
largest growth sectors for online content these days.

Boron