Old 14-06-2015, 10:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Tree advice

On 6/14/2015 3:50 PM, DaveJ86 wrote:
I'm looking for a bit of advice about this tree.

Firstly does anyone know what it is? It looks a bit like a willow, but
I'm quite sure it's not.

Secondly, would you recommend that I take it down given it's position?

It's surrounded by paving blocks and the roots have started to push them
up. It's grown quite fast and although I like the look of it I think it
might be too large considering its position and surroundings. If I don't
take it down I'll get the pavers around it removed.

|Filename: IMG_5725.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16275|
|Filename: IMG_5726.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16276|
|Filename: IMG_5727.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16277|

I don't know what it is and without good closeups of leaves, stems, and
bark I wouldn't hazard a guess. Given its location and size though I'd
certainly get rid of it and do a general cleanup of the area. Actually, I'm
surprised that the neighbours haven't been complaining to the local council
given the nearness of the fence and the apparent overhang into their rear
garden.