Old 26-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Larry Caldwell

Default US pulls back from food war with Europe

(wparrott) writes:

2) By your definition, could we now declare the strawberry safe to eat?
After all, it only came into existence in 1766, so we now have about 9
generations of strawberry eaters.

Not to speak of the poor health record of the strawberry. When I was a
child, up to 10% of the population had an adverse reaction to consuming
large quantities of strawberries, known as 'hives'. Even when warned,
children picking strawberries often succumbed to this disease. The
strawberry should obviously be banned.

3) How about something like kiwi? We are not past the first generation
yet. Oh, I am sure some natives somewhere ate kiwi, but surely they
were not monitoring for negative effects, so we have to start from scratch.

Now you have me worried about the boysenberries on my morning cereal.
Obviously, they are a frankenfruit just waiting to turn my toenails blue.

I can't even think about marion berries.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc