Old 18-06-2015, 07:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default My Garden

The Cook wrote:

is doing pretty well now. We have most of the weeds under control but
I need a couple more mornings to finish up. I can get in about 2
hours between 6 and 9 am. Then it is well on its way to 90.
The cukes are almost overridden by weeds

i've never been much of a morning person so it's
tough for me to get out and moving before it gets
too hot&humid. some evenings lately have been
cooler with a nice breeze and that helps a lot.

i picked some strawberries last night and again
this morning, enough so that we could have shortcake
for a few days and so Ma could take some to my
brother.

i hope your back is holding out ok?

George, I wish we had some of your rain here. We watered peppers &
squash yesterday and the sprinkler is going on the tomatoes right now.

Zukes have both and male & female flowers but haven't seen any insects
yet. The cukes are flowering and waiting for the weeds to get pulled.
The peppers have fruit, at least the pimento and jalapeƱo do. Tomatoes
are every where from no flowers yet to fruit that is almost up to
size, if as I assume, they are Early Girl. Waiting for the
blueberries to get fully ripe. We have them netted but birds still
sometimes get in. It is fun to watch them trying to get out.

you are pretty forgiving!

Guess I better get started on some of the things in the house.

i hear ya, after a little puttering this morning i
decided today is a day of taking a break and doing only
light stuff. [as i write this Ma comes in with two
boxes of strawberries and she wants to make jam later...]

songbird