Old 19-06-2015, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Chiquita banana

Anybody remember that long-ago advertising ditty ending in:

"...so you should never put bananas ...dum dum....in the refrigerator..dum dum dum dum...

So I never dared put bananas in the frig. But the other week, having bought a too-large bunch of organic bananas at Costco I took my life in my hands and put them in the refrigerator. Regular bananas go bad fast enough;organic even faster.

Guess what? They stayed just fine as I ate my way through the bunch. The last one had a dark skin, but the fruit was OK.

So why did Chiquita put the fear of frig in us for so many years?

HB