Old 19-06-2015, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Chiquita banana

Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Anybody remember that long-ago advertising ditty ending in:

"...so you should never put bananas ...dum dum....in the
refrigerator..dum dum dum dum...

So I never dared put bananas in the frig. But the other week, having
bought a too-large bunch of organic bananas at Costco I took my life
in my hands and put them in the refrigerator. Regular bananas go bad
fast enough;organic even faster.

Guess what? They stayed just fine as I ate my way through the bunch.
The last one had a dark skin, but the fruit was OK.

So why did Chiquita put the fear of frig in us for so many years?

They wanted you to let them get them too ripe and toss them or make banana
bread, then buy more?