Old 22-06-2015, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Connecting garden hose to Plastic Container

Is it the sort of tank with a tap on the bottom? I found these far to soft
to attach anything with no leaks. It ended up me using an old kitchen tp ap
fitted and then you can use normal hose fittings.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
john west wrote:

Could someone enlighten a non technical person about what fittings i can
get, that will enable a plastic garden water tank to be drained by
connecting it (securely and non-leaking) to a 20 metre length of
standard (1/2") garden hose please.

Either a 3/4" or 1" tank connector, together with a hozelock type
connector

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KKNLGAA
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0056GS72Q

If you want a tap to turn off the hose, then this might suit better

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GMCYPA6

Be aware you'll need access to the inside of the tank to screw on the
back-nut.