Old 24-06-2015, 05:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mike Spencer Mike Spencer is offline

Default Advice sought: broccoli heading out too soon

Two years now, most broccoli plants have headed out very early, giving
2" to 4" heads. In the past, with same or similar soil and
manure, we've flourishing plants that yield 12" to 14" heads.

Climate in NS is a bit wetter and usually a bit warmer than western
Massachusetts or southern NH. We've had an unusually chilly and wet
spring this year (after the seedlings were in) but not last year.

Any suggestions to remedy this? Identify the likely cause?

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada