Old 26-06-2015, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Wilkes Andy Wilkes is offline

Default Tomato plants

On 26/06/2015 10:07, Syke wrote:

-- I have two Gro-bags with two plants in each, and when pinching off
the side shoots of one (Alicante), I absentmindedly pinched off the main
shoot. Will it be worth keeping or should I replace it (if it's not too
late)?

The main plant might be a little reduced, but the sideshoot should
become the main stem. You could have also put the bit you cut off (if
it wasn't dried out) in water where it would grow roots. I've done this
a number of times (but usually earlier in the season) and they always
end up producing tomatoes - but not as many as a main plant.

--
regards andy